Every kitchen renovation in Melbourne is incomplete without a perfectly topped up stone benchtops. It is essential not only from an aesthetic and functional point of view but it also adds value to your Melbourne property. Regardless, if you’re after a rustic, modern, industrial or contemporary, there’ll be kitchen benchtops in Melbourne to suit.
Today you can find a lot of options and materials to choose from for your kitchen benchtops, out of this stone benchtops are extremely popular. Stone benchtops can have a dramatic and significant impact on the overall look and ambience of the kitchen.
Choosing new kitchen benchtops in Melbourne is one of the most crucial steps in kitchen renovations.
You want it with the right look, style, durability, strength and the price (of course)! We often go after the kitchen benchtops that can add the beauty to our kitchen, but there are several important factors such as budget, durability, maintenance and cleaning that shouldn’t be overlooked.
With a wide range of kitchen benchtops available in the market, we have put together an in-depth buying and installation guide to help you make an informed decision. Here is a brief guide to prepare for your kitchen benchtops installation.
Granite is a natural rock that is cut in its natural state and is then polished for use in homes as bathroom or kitchen benchtops. It consists mainly of quartz and feldspar along with the small amounts of amphiboles, mica and other minerals. There is a wide range of granite benchtops in Melbourne with a difference in their grain patterning and colour. When polished and sealed, the end results can be awe-striking.
Size of the Slabs:
Mainly slabs of granite are unevenly shaped and are of similar size as of marble slabs. 20mm and 30mm are the standard thickness of slabs.
Cleanliness and maintenance:
Granite benchtops demand low maintenance. They are heat, stain, scratch and chemically resistant. For surface protections, quality sealers are applied.
- Unique appearance
- An extensive array of colours and patterns
- Resistant to stains, abrasions and heat
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Edges with detailed profiles
- If not sealed, granite benchtops are susceptible to staining
- Granite density varies depending on the type
- When multiple slabs needed, it becomes difficult to get similar looking slabs
Incomparable exquisiteness, durability and strength of Caesarstone Benchtops make them extremely popular among the Melbournians. Caesarstone benchtops in Melbourne are majorly made from 93% of natural quartz along with organic pigments and polymer resins. Caesarstone is scratch, heat and stain resistant. As they are made from natural quartz, there might be some deviation in colour and patterns.
Size of the Slabs:
The standard thickness of the slabs is 20mm and is generally used by most of the kitchen companies. However, slabs in 12mm and 30mm thickness are also available.
Cleanliness and Maintenance:
Caesarstone benchtops in Melbourne are very easy to maintain. Most of the spills can be cleaned with a damp cloth. Usually, matt finishes are more difficult to clean.
- Scratch resistant
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Highly durable
- Will have visible grout joins when joining pieces together
- Excess exposure to high heat will break it
- Chipping can occur along exposed edges
- Many of the slabs are same looking
Other Kitchen Benchtops Options:
- Glass benchtops
- Stainless steel benchtops
- Concrete benchtops
- Laminate benchtops
- Porcelain benchtops
- Solid surfacing benchtops
- Tile benchtops
Essential Tips To Make The Most Out Of Your Kitchen Benchtops in Melbourne:
- Adhere the manufacturer’s care and maintenance instructions
- Ask about the warranty
- Ask for a sample of the material
- Consider the sink type – an under-mounted sink doesn’t work with all benchtops
- Ensure that the installer is accredited
- Never place hot pans directly on the stone benchtops in Melbourne
- Don’t cut and chop food directly on the surface
- Never let stains to settle overnight on the stone benchtops
- Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions and choose the cleaning products accordingly
Benchtops plays an important role in expanding the overall appearance of your kitchen. Make a wise decision. Choose the kitchen benchtops in Melbourne that blends and fits well with your kitchen designs. Apart from looks, consider its durability and functionality.